You have been assigned to care for a 68 -year- old male patient with cognitive heart failure, diabetes and
emphysema. He has had two significant heart attack (myocardial infarction) in the past 6 years. You are also assigned to write first student plan of care concerning this care. You are supposed to arrive for your first day of clinical with a list of probably and possible nursing diagnosis and appropriate nursing interventions and a patient goal for each.
1) Where will you find this information?
2) How can your instructor expect you to figure out nursing diagnosis before you even see the patient or talk with him?
3) How does knowing the patient's medical diagnoses help you determine possible nursing diagnoses?
Recently Asked Questions
- A group of student nurses are preparing for their first post conference discussion at the end of their clinical experience in a long-term care facility and the
- What is the effect ofkolcaba 's comfort of comfort on geriatric nursing?
- how to manage Acute kidney failure with signs of hypernatremia, shortness of breath and dehydration?