You are a school nurse. A 7-year-old boy has what looks like impetigo
on his right forearm. You call the mother at work at 10:00 a.m. and ask her to come immediately and pick up her son and seek medical attention.
1. What did you see that made you suspect impetigo?
2. Why should the child not be sent home on the bus with a note for the mother?
3. How will the mother be expected to care for her son at home? What teaching will the school nurse need to tell mom?
4. What are the primary goals in treating impetigo?
5. What are the possible complications for the child with impetigo?
6. When do you expect the child to return to school?
365,875 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses