Julie is a 65 y/o female who slipped and broke her left femur. She
underwent surgery. Post-op she was transferred to the medsurg floor. She is supposed to be discharged in the afternoon when she felt lightheaded and was sweating. She thought her post-menopause is again making her sweat so she wanted to go to the bathroom and freshen up. When the nurse was making her rounds, she saw Juie on the floor unconscious without pulse.
1. What could have caused this to happen? Make a diagram-pathophysiology for the scenario.
2. If you are the nurse, what would be your next action?
3. List the different roles that makes up a "code blue" team
4. What medications do you anticipate to be given during the code blue?
5. List 3 nursing diagnoses and prioritize them. Formulate your nursing care plan for each diagnosis.
244,337 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses