Current Public Health Awareness Issue
Objective: Identify current public health awareness issues and the role of the community health nurse to address the issue.
Current Public Health Awareness Issue (10 points)
1. Identify a current public health awareness issue. [4 points]
2. Identify a scholarly nursing journal article to support this issue. [2 points]
o Author must be a Registered Nurse
o Publication must be within 5 years
o Document reference using
3. Describe the interventions identified to address this issue. [4 points]
4. Post assignment on Discussion Board.
Peer Response (10 points)
1. Respond to 2 peers on Discussion Board. [2 points]
2. Explain the role of the community/public health nurse in addressing this issue. [4 points]
3. Evaluate the interventions and make recommendations to successfully address this issue. [4 points]
Advocacy Letter (5 points)
1. Generate an advocacy letter to policy makers supporting the information gleaned from the current public health awareness issue you identified. [5 points]
2. Attach the advocacy letter with your discussion post using the attach option.
3. Sample Advocacy Letter.docx
How to search for a Registered Nurse author:
Go the Marian University Library
You can only narrow the search for a Registered Nurse author via a search in CINAHL (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site..
· Go to the CINAHL Database (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
· Insert your search term(s) into the CINAHL search box
· BEFORE clicking the green search box, scroll down a bit and on the right hand side are two links.
1. One says First Author is a Nurse
2. Second says Any Author is a Nurse
1. You only want to select one OR the other, not both options.
2. First Author is Nurse - means the Nurse was the lead or primary author
· Any Author is a Nurse - means the Nurse contributed to the study/article/research but was not the lead author, but still an author.
· Attached is a screenshot for further clarification. NurseAuthor
204,222 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses