1. A course of action undertaken by governments or health care organizations to achieve a particular health outcome is referred to as a ________________.
1. A nurse that has the desire to change existing social, political or environmental conditions at various levels in a community is called a _________.
1. Policies are designed to remedy problems in the health system and to address social determinants of health to improve health. Which of the following is NOT one of the four spheres of influences where nurses shape policy?
The local community
The federal government
The media/news groups
1. Which statement is true regarding nursing and health policy?
Most nurses have a strong desire to lead in health policy
Health policy knowledge is part of professional practice development
Health policy rarely affects a nurse's daily practice
Only nurses in leadership roles can influence health policy
1. A coherent set of beliefs or ideas about politics, public policy, and public purpose, which helps give meaning to political events is termed ______________.
416,475 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses