1. Explain why a person's blood alcohol concentration (BAC) increases as more alcoholic beverages are consumed. (2 points worth)
2. Discuss 3 factors that can affect blood alcohol concentration (BAC). (3 points worth)
3. Explain why chronic drinkers who have developed a tolerance for alcohol may also be at risk for over-medicating themselves with other drugs. (3 points worth).
4. Describe the ways that moderate alcohol consumption may be beneficial to heart health, and use at least 2 current scientific research articles to support your answer. (11 points worth - requires 250 words [please include your own word count]).
5. Explain the following statement: heavy drinking leads to decreased nutrient availability and impaired nutritional status by both primary and secondary malnutrition. (3 points worth)
6. Alcohol is classified as a central nervous system depressant. Yet, many people feel euphoric when intoxicated. Explain this seemingly paradoxical phenomenon. (3 points worth).