The Jets For You Company provides chartered jets to companies or individuals who require air transportation throughout the Americas for a monthly subscription.
Persons wishing to use this service are required to submit a membership form through the Jets For You website. The form entails Company Name, Contact Name, Contact Phone Number, Contact Email Address, Company Phone Number, Company Email Address and Company Address. The completed form is sent to the Jets For You Customer Support System (CSS) for the creation of a new record in the Membership Database. However, the status is set to Pending Approval. The form information is forwarded to Management for approval. Once Management responds with approval, the status of the Membership Database is set to Inactive. If Management responds with disapproval, the status is set to Denied. In either case, the potential Member is informed of their approval status.
When the Member is approved, the CSS provides contact information to the Finance Department. The Finance Department then sends a payment schedule to the Member. Once the monthly subscription is paid, the Finance Department notifies the CSS and the status in the Membership Database is set to Active. The CSS then emails the Member with details of the flight charter service, link to a mobile app, and a Member ID for future use. The Member ID is obtained from the Membership Database.
When the Member requires the service, a request can be made via the Jets For You website or mobile app. A request is made for only one way travel at a time. This request must be made at least 2 hours before the flight is required. The request details the Flight Destination, Time Required, Number of Passengers and Member ID. The Member ID is used to validate this client. Once the Member is validated, the request is logged in the Request Database. The CSS forwards the request to Management for approval. When the Management responds, the status in the Request Database is updated.
Once Management responds to the request, the Member is contacted. It the request is not granted, the Member is contacted with an explanation. If the request is granted, the Member is asked to specify any flight preferences, such as Meals, Drinks, Dietary Restrictions, and Occasion. This information is stored in a Preferences Log. Only one list of preferences will be logged per request. The CSS also stores a Flight Record and files a Flight Plan with the Federal Air Authority (FAA) detailing Aircraft Registration Number, Aircraft Type, Departure Time, Departure Airport Code and Destination Airport Code. In addition, if the FAA is not able to approve the flight plan due to issues with weather or flight space, then the Member is informed and the status of the Request Database is updated. Otherwise, the Member is issued with a Boarding Pass.
For each E-R entities, provide the primary key attribute and three (3) or more other attributes (make up these where the information from the case proves insufficient).
2) Given the information in the case, state all the E-R entities and use them to sketch an E-R Diagram showing both maximum and minimum cardinalities for each relationship in the diagram. State ALL assumptions made to arrive at the cardinalities.
3) For all relationships in your E-R diagram above, show the database tables for a relational database design. Provide at least two attribute along with the primary key attribute for any new table derived. Explain how your database tables are derived.
Recently Asked Questions
- Two positive electric charges, one +q and one unknown, are held fixed at corners of a right triangle with side lengths s(for +q) and 2s(for unknown). If the
- If Anybody is familiar with the extraction of Trimyirtstin experiment, what is the purpose of performing a simple distillation in this experiment instead of
- Need some help with this. A contractor's records during the least five weeks indicate the number of job requests: