1. A Chinese wine producer (China is the seventh largest producer of wine globally) is thinking of entering the U.S. market for the first time. Setting aside geopolitics and actual and potential tariffs imposed by each country, describe in detail the steps and analytical tools needed to perform a thorough Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning analysis for the U.S. wine industry. Do not try to perform the analyses; describe the planning. You should assume that Chinese wine has virtually no presence, and an integral part of your consideration is that some customers might reject it out of hand. Integrate the outputs from the three steps and summarize how the findings of a fully researched STP can help the wine company enter the U.S. market.
2. Assume you are Chief Marketing Office for a successful business-to-business firm making refrigerated containers "reefers" to the shipping trade. Reefers can keep food fresh for more than a month, allowing distributers to send perishable products around the world. Technological advancements and changes in customer preferences for fresh food produced in other parts of the world are booming. The firm has already implemented a successful customer retention strategy. Two of your senior marketing managers have prepared plans for the next 12 months and are submitting them for your approval. Proposal A suggests that the firm should focus on acquisition of customers. The reefer manufacturing industry continues to be in the innovation stage, and she believes there are significant business opportunities given the growth in the refrigerated shipping trade. Proposal B suggests that the firm should focus on expanding business from current customers. He has noticed that up-selling new containers with new technological features (such as more sophisticated temperature monitors) has not been a focus, leaving room to expand share of wallet.
You can only pursue one of these approaches for the next year due to internal constraints. Each seems reasonable on the face of the proposal. What kinds of approaches, processes, and analyses will you require of these two managers to compare the proposals and select the best alternative for the firm? You want data and solid empirical analysis, not more good ideas.
Recently Asked Questions
- Hello! I've been ask to do this APA paper as a assignment. I'm having trouble how to write a good paper work. Here is the question! Learning Reflection 4: You
- Hypothesize a set of at least three arguments as to why innovation is important to the competitiveness of nations, companies, leaders, and individual employees.
- Hello, How do you calculate Apple, Inc's Risk-free rate and Risk premium for Stock to calculate Required return on Stock of Apple now? I just got Risk-free