Process with Scrap
Consider the following four-step assembly operation with quality problems:
- The first resource has a processing time of 5 minutes per unit and one employee doing the operation.
- The second resource has a processing time of 4 minutes per unit. It also has one employee doing the operation. However, this is a very delicate task and 80% of all products have to be scrapped after this step.
- Two workers are staffed for the third resource. No quality problems occur at this resource and the processing time is 20 minutes per unit.
- At the fourth and final resource, one operator handles the product. No quality problems exist at this step and the processing time is 12 minutes per unit.
For every unit of demand, how many units have to flow through the second step in the process?
Recently Asked Questions
- State and briefly explain any FOUR manifest functions of education in today’s world. Mention why production of social networks isn't one of them.
- How did imperialism nationalism and internationalism relate to one another in the context of the 20TH CENTURY. How did these three concepts help drive history
- by watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze1XRwb4hD8&feature=youtu.be Answer the following Questions 1) U sing the concepts discussed in the