Process with Scrap
Consider the following four-step assembly operation with quality problems:
- The first resource has a processing time of 5 minutes per unit and one employee doing the operation.
- The second resource has a processing time of 4 minutes per unit. It also has one employee doing the operation. However, this is a very delicate task and 80% of all products have to be scrapped after this step.
- Two workers are staffed for the third resource. No quality problems occur at this resource and the processing time is 20 minutes per unit.
- At the fourth and final resource, one operator handles the product. No quality problems exist at this step and the processing time is 12 minutes per unit.
For every unit of demand, how many units have to flow through the second step in the process?
Recently Asked Questions
- Does competitive strategy affect value chain structure ?
- A sales objective of “ Sell 150 percent more over the next 12 months ” likely fails on which characteristic of properly developed goals ?
- Which approach to retail expansion is most appropriate when targeting a country that management considers both culturally close and easy to enter ?