1. Charisma results when people come together create new alternatives and solutions that are better than their
2. A leader's vision expresses fundamental aspirations and purpose, usually by appealing to people's emotions and minds.
3. The three primary components of a transactional leader are (1) provide contingent rewards, (2) exhibit active management by exception, and (3)
A. promote team cooperation.
B. exhibit a "hands off" policy.
C. emphasize passive management by exception.
D. embrace and exhibit mutual respect.
4. A transformational leader embraces a(n) _____ that expresses fundamental aspirations and purpose typically by appealing to peoples' emotions and minds.
5. A transactional leader takes a hands-off approach to managing and relies on subordinates to create their own goals.