Year t+1 follows Year t; Year 5 is the most recent year, e.g., 2019, and Year 1 is the oldest in the dataset,
1. Use Winters Method to forecast the Sales in Year 6 for months January thru' December. Assume that all smoothing parameters are equal to 0.1
2. One method for setting smoothing parameters α, β, and γ is to experiment with various values of the parameters that retrospectively give the best fit of previous forecasts to the observed history of the series. Changing these α, β, and γ values by hand can be very tedious. However, Excel and Excel Solver make it much easier to determine appropriate smoothing parameters. Develop a method using past forecast errors and Excel solver to come up with a way to pick "best" values for the smoothing parameters you used in part 1) to forecast demand in Year 6
Recently Asked Questions
- Silicon Valley serves as a global center for high technology, innovation, and social media. Various cutting-edge companies there produce new ideas, products,
- Part F .A small company manufactures three sizes of their picture frames that require the processes of carpentry, finishing, assembly, and packaging.Each
- Case Study 2: UFE Clubs Case Study, (10 marks) UFE Clubs produces ball bearings. The diameter of the ball bearings is very important for the quality purposes.