As workplace demographics change, supervisors benefit from knowing how to maximize the opportunities and meet the challenges that diversity presents. This CheckPoint provides you with an opportunity to read about current industry practices regarding diversity.
• Resources: University Library, Ch. 1 (p. 19) of Supervision: Key Link to Productivity, and the References within the References Page section of Ch. 2 in Axia College’s Writing Style Handbook.
• Use the University’s Online Library to research your selected periodical and article.
• Choose an article from a periodical on the list of supervisory and related periodicals on p. 19 of the textbook that addresses Diversity in the Work Place.
• Write a 200- to 300-word article review by following the steps below:
o Write 3–4 sentences that summarize the article. Include any in-text citations for specific opinions or facts from the article that you use in your review.
o Explain whether you agree or disagree with the opinions in the article.
o Determine how supervisors can use this information regarding diversity in the workplace.
o Format the article review according to APA guidelines.
• Post the CheckPoint as a Microsoft Word attachment to the Assignment Link section of eCampus.
Recently Asked Questions
- _______ planning involves the longest time horizon, usually ranging from three to seven years. A. Tactical B. Strategic C.
- An alert has flagged both inbound and outbound traffic to a malicious website. Your shift supervisor says the customer has been notified many times in the
- The _______ matrix isn't a substitute for management judgment; it helps managers of businesses evaluate their strategy alternatives. A.