- Read and review the attached document.
- This requires a WBS and preliminary project schedule based on the information in the attached document.
- Use the information in the attached document in creating task lists and WBS to develop a work breakdown structure (preferably in MS Project).
- Use a coding system for the WBS.
- Use the information presented in the attached document to develop a schedule.
- Be sure to link all tasks appropriately.
- #1, #2 and #3 should preferably be views in individual MS Project files.
1 - Create a work breakdown structure
2 - Create a view of the network plan.
3 - Create a view of the gannt chart illustrating task dependencies.
4 - Identify the critical path.
5 - Define sensible milestones and give arguments for the choices.
6 - How sensitive is this network?
Conveyor Belt Project â Part 1
The new computer-controlled conveyor belt is an exciting project that
moves and positions items on the conveyor belt within
The proposed project will produce a new system for future installations,
and for replacement of those in the field, at a low cost. The
computer-controlled conveyor belt has the potential to be a critical
unit in 30 percent of the systems installed in factories. The new
system is also easier to update with future technologies.
Hardware Hardware specifications
Order circuit boards
Assemble preproduction models
Operating system Kernel specifications
Serial I/O drivers
Operating system documentation
Utilities Utilities specifications
System integration Architectural decisions
Integration first phase
System hard/software test
Integration acceptance testing
Each work package will represent an activity.
A seven-day workweek is used for the whole year; no holidays.
An 8-hour workday, or 56-hour workweek, is used. Overtime is not
The project should start January 1 of the next year.
Activity Description Duration (days) Preceding Activity
1 Architectural decisions 25 -
2 Hardware specifications 50 1
3 Kernel specifications 20 1
4 Utilities specifications 15 1
5 Hardware design 70 2
6 Disk drivers 100 3
7 Memory management 90 3
8 Operating system documentation 25 3
9 Routine utilities 60 4
10 Complex utilities 80 4
11 Utilities documentation 20 4
12 Hardware documentation 30 5
13 Integration first phase 50 6,7,8,9,10,11,12
14 Prototypes 80 13
15 Serial I/O drivers 130 13
16 System hard/software test 25 14,15
17 Order circuit boards 5 16
18 Network interface 90 16
19 Shell 60 16
20 Project documentation 50 16
21 Assemble preproduction models 30 17F-S,lag 50 days
22 Integration acceptance testing 60 18,19,20,21
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Lab 1 Worksheet.doc.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from case #2.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 184.108.40.206 Lab - Build and Test Network Cables.