Plant Variable Production and Shipping Costs Capacity Annual
North East South West
Hot & Cold France 100 110 105 100 50 1000
Germany 95 105 110 105 50 1000
Finland 90 100 115 110 40 850
Demand 30 20 20 35
CaldoFreddo UK 105 120 110 90 50 1000
Italy 110 105 90 115 60 1150
Demand 15 20 30 20
Use Excel Solver to answer the following questions:
1. Before the merger, what was the optimal demand allocation plan for each of the two firms?
2. After the merger, what is the optimal demand allocation plan if none of the plants is to be shut down?
3. After the merger, what is the optimal network configuration and demand allocation plan if plants can be shut down (assume that a shutdown saves 100 percent of the annual fixed cost of the plant)?
This question was asked on Jan 28, 2013 and answered on Jan 30, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- please help me out with the accounting problem below. Please show work so I can see where I am going wrong. Thank-you
- If a firm which uses land (T) and labor (L) to produce some good finds that MPL/w>MPK/r, where w is the cost per unit of L and r is the rent per unit of T,
- QUADRATIC REGRESSION Data: On a particular spring day, the outdoor temperature was recorded at 8 times of the day. The parabola of best fit was