Logistics/ Purchasing Manager Interview
The purpose of this assignment is to examine in more depth the qualifications, challenges and opportunities of being a logistics/ purchasing manager. The course emphasis is about purchasing so your interview should be about how purchasing works in their organization and their interaction as a manager with purchasing decisions.
Interview a current logistics / purchasing manager. This can be a major company manager or a small business owner in the community, a relative or friend. Your interview must address at a minimum each of the topics below:
- Background of the Logistics /Purchasing Manager. This section addresses “who”. Provide some background information on the manager – experience, education, training, etc.
- The Venture. This section addresses why, how, what and when. Why did the manager decide to go into this field? Why this particular business? How did s/he do it? What is the main product or service provided by the business? When was the business started?
- Struggles and Challenges. Difficult issues and/or challenges the logistics manager has faced, how these were overcome, and what new challenges s/he faces.
- Opportunities. What does the future hold for you in this field locally, nationally and global?
- Learning on the Journey. What the manager has learned about business and life on this career journey, including any advice on starting out in this career.
- Your Own Learning. This section should address the insights, observations or lessons about logistics or purchasing you gained as a result of this interview and report.
Write the report in narrative form. Do not simply list the questions and answers. Identify the entrepreneur, the name of the business, and the location. Your report should be double-spaced, with 1" margins on all sides. Use a 10-12 pt. Times New Roman font or a similar font. Your paper should be 2-3 pages long, not including cover page and references.
The assignment will be graded on the quality and thoroughness of your interview, how well you addresses the topics related to the business owner and his/her venture, and the level of analysis demonstrated in linking your findings to concepts covered in this course.
Save your paper as an .rtf file.
The solution is... View the full answer