The project for this class will exercise your knowledge of operations management and your creativity. The project involves designing two poka-yoke devices. What are poka-yoke devices? Start your research now because there are many good sources about poka yoke devices. (These devices prevent defects from occurring.) The project will be worth 100 points for grading purposes. The elements of its grade will depend on your:
a)knowledge of poka-yoke
b)originality of design (design your own device: it is ok to use examples of other devices to generate ideas, but do not just copy another device you have seen.) Your device should promote sustainability and environmental responsibility. (The device should help the environment: save energy, reduce waste, promote recycling, etc.) Your design does not have to be a working model; you can describe an idea or a process that would be improved with poka yoke.
c)description of your designs with terms used in poka-yoke design
d)explanation of why your devices are effective and how they increase productivity and sustainability.
The project is due end of week three. You will find many internet resources to get you started. Please use the resources in SIU's LIRN database to research your project in addition to the web links that you find in this course. A good place to start is: John Grout: Mistakeproofing
Be sure to use Microsoft Word to write your project. You can insert tables, pictures or sketches of your devices. Use APA formatting for your paper and references.
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Introduction to Poka Yoke
- Description of Device Number 1 and its benefits
- Description of Device Number 2 (your original device) and its benefits
- Reference Page
Most students are able to do a good job on this project with 8 pages of text, including pictures. This paper is an academic project, so the highest standards of scholarship are expected. A minimum of 6 references is expected, along with citations in the text of the paper for all research material used.
Recently Asked Questions
- 1. Module 1 Assignment Using a Web browser, search for any information security policies used at your academic institution. Compare them to the ones discussed
- Hi i want to make reasearch paper on "business crime ' (white collar crime ) can any one suggest me guidline?
- In this assignment you are to assume the role of a senior executive of a large and highly successful organization in Saudi Arabia. The executive committee has