1. For the following redox reactions, determine what is oxidized and what is reduced:
2 Fe (s) 3 Hg2 + 2 Fe3+
2As(s) + 3 Cl2(g) 2 AsCl3
2. List and describe 3 common things that occur during oxidation-reduction reactions
3. When looking at an oxidation-reduction reaction how do you determine the following:
a. The species being reduced
b. The reducing agent.
4. For the below, give the name of the functional group and the IUPAC name of the molecule:
5. Give the condensed structural formula for each of the molecules below:
6. Draw the extended structural formula of the following.
E. Heptanoic acid
7. Describe common uses of the following compounds
d) Acetic acid
e) Methyl chloride
f) Butyric acid