1. Why is it important to surround the receiving flask with an ice-water bath?
2. What classical chemical methods are used to test the functional groups of the product? Explain how.
3. Why is it necessary to wash the crude methylcyclohexenes with aqueous sodium hydroxide solution?
4. Assuming a typical yield of 74%, how many grams of 2-methylcyclohexanol must be used in order to obtain 8 g of the products?
5. A chemist desires to dehydrate 1-heptanol by the procedure used in this experiment. a. What is the expected product?
204,222 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses