Please answer these 5 simple questions regarding a Salicylic lab. Thank you!
1. (a) The aqueous iron(III) ion, Fe(H2O)6 3+ is a weak acid with a pKa of 2.2. What is the pH of a 0.1 M solution?
2. Ferric hydroxide, Fe(OH)3, is an insoluble salt with a solubility product of 10-39. What is the
maximum concentration of ferric hydroxide that can dissolve? Using Le Chatalier's Principle,
explain why iron (III) solutions are more soluble in acidic solution.
3. Knowing the molecular weight of the salicylic acid, design a procedure to make100 mL of a
5.00x10-3 M salicylic acid solution?
4. At what wavelength in an absorption spectrum will a purple solution have a maximum?
5. What volumes of 2.5 x 10-3 M salicylic acid solution and 0.1 M ferric chloride solution would you need to make 50 mL of a 3.50x10-4M solution of the complex given in Equation 3 above?
261,329 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses