Week 7 Assignment: Argument Evaluation (click REPLY to post your answer)
Resource: Appendix 1 of Critical Thinking
Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
Read the article “Controlling Irrational Fears After 9/11” on pp. 456-458 of Appendix 1.
Identify at least two arguments in the article. Outline the premises and conclusions of each argument you find. Then, answer the following questions for each argument, making sure to explain how you arrived at your answers.
· Do the premises sufficiently support the conclusions? Explain.
· Are the arguments either deductively valid or inductively strong, or are they invalid or weak? Explain.
· Are the premises true or plausibly true, or are they difficult to prove? Explain.
Note that you may choose to evaluate invalid or weak arguments as long as you describe how they are invalid or weak.
Your paper should be written in at least 250 words!
Recently Asked Questions
- Module 06 Course Project - Final Paper Due Review the feedback you received from your faculty member on your Rough Draft. Revise your paper accordingly and
- Hi can you give me an example of what influence does public opinion have on health care policy and with in the recent (last eight weeks) a poll or news article
- Come up with an example of a purchase decision referred to effect. In retrospect, whether or not the purchase decision was wise, how appropriate was this