CRT 205 Week 7 Day 7 Assignment: Argument Evaluation
Week 7 Assignment: Argument Evaluation (click REPLY to post your answer)
Resource: Appendix 1 of Critical Thinking
Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
Read the article “Controlling Irrational Fears After 9/11” on pp. 456-458 of Appendix 1.
Identify at least two arguments in the article. Outline the premises and conclusions of each argument you find. Then, answer the following questions for each argument, making sure to explain how you arrived at your answers.
· Do the premises sufficiently support the conclusions? Explain.
· Are the arguments either deductively valid or inductively strong, or are they invalid or weak? Explain.
· Are the premises true or plausibly true, or are they difficult to prove? Explain.
Note that you may choose to evaluate invalid or weak arguments as long as you describe how they are invalid or weak.
Your paper should be written in at least 250 words!
Recently Asked Questions
- Are the following true or false? Set A is bounded above if and only if -A is bounded below. Set A is bounded below if and only if se -A is bounded above.
- Good morning: Employees from Company A and Company B both receive annual bonuses. What information would you need to test the claim that the difference in
- Which of the following intervals contains all of the values of ? for which ? 2 < 4 ?