Week 7 Assignment: Argument Evaluation (click REPLY to post your answer)
Resource: Appendix 1 of Critical Thinking
Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
Read the article “Controlling Irrational Fears After 9/11” on pp. 456-458 of Appendix 1.
Identify at least two arguments in the article. Outline the premises and conclusions of each argument you find. Then, answer the following questions for each argument, making sure to explain how you arrived at your answers.
· Do the premises sufficiently support the conclusions? Explain.
· Are the arguments either deductively valid or inductively strong, or are they invalid or weak? Explain.
· Are the premises true or plausibly true, or are they difficult to prove? Explain.
Note that you may choose to evaluate invalid or weak arguments as long as you describe how they are invalid or weak.
Your paper should be written in at least 250 words!
Recently Asked Questions
- The current ratio measures __________. 1- a company's ability to sell its long-term assets 2- a company's ability to pay current liabilities from its total
- REVISION QUESTIONS TOPIC 1: Purchasing: a) Explain the objectives of a modern day purchasing function in an organization b) Discuss ways
- how to calculate the the access fees of two part tariffs. for example mc=5, fixed cost=0, TC=5Q