In choosing answers, follow the requirements of standard written English; that is, pay attention to acceptable usage in grammar, diction (choice of words), sentence construction, and punctuation. Choose the answer that expresses most effectively what is presented in the original sentence; this answer should be clear and exact, without awkwardness, ambiguity, or redundancy.
5) In many areas water was long considered a free commodity, available to the farmer at not any more than the price to transport it.
A) at not any more than the price to transport it
B) at no more than the costs of transportation (X)
C) for no more than the price of transporting it
D) only for the price that it costs to transport it
6) The medical personnel treating the victims displaced by the hurricane claimed that the situation would grow worse, unless having more medical supplies.
A) worse, unless having more
B) worse because of needing more
C) worse without more
D) worse without having more
My answer for 6 is D
Recently Asked Questions
- Q3. Draw two adjacent BCC (body-centred cubic) unit cells and indicate the (100) family of planes. Use this diagram to explain why (100) is systematically
- How can I make an out of order elevator, that has 25 floors? I have to record each visit to each floor, it starts on the 12 floor and goes up or down every 5
- The ATP made during glycolysis is generated by