· Access the Bureau of Justice Statistics Web site at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs.Then,
click Probation and Parole under the Corrections section.
· Research the following:
o Reentry Trends in the United States
o BJS publications (the highlights of at least three different years)
o Adults on probation spreadsheet under the Selected Statistics section
o Article by Allen J. Beck, "State and Federal prisoners returning to the community:
Findings from the Bureau of Justice Statistics," under the Also by BJS staff section.
· Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in APA format assessing the effectiveness of
probation. In your paper, you must
o define probation as a sentence.
o explain the probation process.
o explain your findings within each researched item above. What was significant about
the information? What did your research indicate in terms of probation’s
o explain whether or not you think probation is an effective means of community-based
o support your rationale.
· Cite at least three outside references to support your research.
· Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.
Recently Asked Questions
- How does one use of qualitative analysis in the case of Sedgwick County? What are characteristics of this case in qualitative research?
- Researchers predict that boys have better motor skills than girls. Children in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades at a local elementary school were measure on motor
- Comapre and Contrast Magnetosphere and Heliosphere. I need to have at least 3 simillarities and differences between Magnetosphere and Heliosphere!