1. A Geiger counter measures radiation indirectly by measuring
flashes of light
electrons released by ionization
answer: electrons released by ionization
2. Reactor control rods are made of a substance that
slow down neutrons so they produce more fission.
answer: absorbs neutrons
3. The isotope U-238 is most likely to emit
a gamma ray
a beta particle
an alpha particle
It is not possible to predict
answer: an alpha particle
4. Besides U-235, another isotope that can undergo nuclear fission is
5. This type of radiation can easily pass through a human.
6. The ejection of a beta particle from a nucleus results in
an increase of the mass number by four
a decrease of the atomic number by one
an increase of the atomic number by one
a decrease of the mass number by four
answer: an increase of the atomic number by one
Recently Asked Questions
- Database System Architectures - Compare and contrast different architectures (Location/role of the DB, DBMS, Business Logic and User Interface).
- Netflix, Inc. has a beta of 3.61. If the market return is expected to be 13 percent and the risk-free rate is 3 percent, what is Netflix's risk premium? (Round
- Why has the cartel in diary farming not been broken up? Organized crime is used to enforce a dairy compact. The dairy industry is exempt from anti-trust laws.