Write a 200-250 word dialogue between yourself and the employee from
Skill Building Module #1, Sandy (below). This dialogue will depict how,
if you were Sandyâs manager, you would use each of the eight
disciplining behaviors to discipline Sandy for her poor performance.
* Disciplining behaviors: 1. Respond immediately, 2. Provide a warning,
3. State the problem specifically, 4. Allow the employee to explain his
or her position, 5. Keep the discussion impersonal, 6. Be consistent,
7. Take progressive action, and 8. Obtain agreement on change.
Skill Building Module # 1
Youâre a team leader in the customer services department at Mountain
View Microbrewery. Sandy is the newest member of your 10-person team,
having been there only six weeks. Sandy came to Mountain View with good
recommendations from his or her previous job as a customer support
representative at a car dealership. However, not long after joining your
team, Sandy was late in issuing an important purchasing order. When you
talked to Sandy about it, you were told it was âlost.â But you
discovered it in Sandyâs in-box, where it had been properly placed.
Then, just last week, Sandy failed to make an immediate return call to
an unhappy customer who could easily have been satisfied at that point.
Instead, the customer worked himself into a rage and vented his
unhappiness in a letter to the companyâs CEO. The latest incident with
Sandy came up just yesterday. As part of your companyâs quality
improvement program, your team members prepare periodic reports on the
service they provide to each customer and turn these reports over to an
upper-management team who evaluates them. Sandy didnât meet the
deadline for getting his or her report into this evaluation group and
you received a call from one of the team members wanting to know where
this report was. Because Sandy is still on probation for another six
weeks, it appears that the time has come for the two of you to talk
about his or her failure to meet expected work-performance goals.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from crime.
- I need to figure out if a baseball is thrown upward with an initial velocity of 110 feet per second (75 miles per hour) and it is released 5 feet above the
- Quasi-Experimental Designs Statistics Tutoring Program A student club is trying to decide whether to implement a peer tutoring program for students who are