2. Final Project: Race and Your Community
• Resource: Appendix A.
• Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper analyzing the influences of race as it relates to your community. In your paper, write your first-person account of how human interactions in your community have been racialized. For the community, you may consider relations within your neighborhood, local government, service groups, clubs, schools, workplace, or any environment of which you are a part.
• Answer the following questions and provide examples:
o Do members of your community look like you? In what ways do they look the same or different?
o How do leaders within your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?
o How do other members of your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?
o Do your texts or work manuals contain information by or about people like you?
o Do the local media represent people like you? If so, in what ways?
o What are some similarities and differences between you and the people who are in leadership positions in your community? Do you think minority group interests are represented within your community?
o If you could resolve any inequities within your community, what do you change? How and why?
o Which main concepts from the text relate to race? Apply some of these concepts to your project.
• Include the following elements in your paper:
o The thesis addresses racial issues in your local community.
o The content is comprehensive and accurate.
o The paper itself draws on your personal experiences with and opinions about cultural diversity in your community.
o Three sources are used, and one source is a community member, leader, or representative from a local community organization.
o The paper is written in first-person point of view, with an autobiographical approach.
o Text concepts are applied to your observations.
o Assignment questions are answered.
o The paper includes perspectives from supporting sources.
o The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
o Paragraph transitions are present.
o The tone is appropriate.
o Sentences are well-constructed.
o The paper, title page, and references follow APA standards.
o Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
o Spelling is correct.
• Post your completed research as an attachment
Final Project Overview
The final project for ETH 125 is a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper on race in your community. The CheckPoints and assignments in class are designed to stimulate your awareness of cultural diversity issues, so, as you craft your final paper, think about how and where these issues exist within your community. Consult with your instructor regarding any questions about project requirements.
Your final project should be formatted according to APA guidelines, and contain the following elements:
* An introduction and a thesis statement
* A body with supporting evidence and in-text citations
* A conclusion
* A reference list with at least three sources
Hello, We can only answer your free 3 questions per day one at a time. Please re-submit an individual question here:... View the full answer