Criminal Justice Career Resources
1. Final Project: The Criminal Justice System
Throughout this course, you have come to know the complexity of the criminal justice system and how its design protects the public while punishing those that commit crimes. It is part of our society’s fabric. Prepare a presentation on this system to a new student entering the criminal justice program.
• Resources: Criminal Justice in Action, and Appendix A
• Review Appendix C regarding the creation of a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, if necessary.
• Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation outlining the procedural steps of the criminal justice system.
o Define the criminal justice system in your own words.
o The crime: Choose a crime trend from the text and identify this trend in your city or state. Create a chart to illustrate the crime trend statistics you chose.
o The police: Identify the roles and responsibilities of the police after a crime has been committed. What they must do and why?
o The courtroom and trial: Identify a courtroom in your area or state. Identify those who work in a courtroom and describe their roles.
o Sentencing and punishment: Explain the purpose of sentencing and punishment, identify forms of punishment, identify some factors of sentencing, and identify who sets the sentencing.
o Corrections: Identify 2 to 3 correctional facilities in your area or state. Provide information about the types of facilities they are (maximum or minimum security); the types of designs; whether they are private or public; their population statistics; and their type of crime statistics.
o Community: Explain the community’s role by highlighting 2 to 3 community-based programs in your area or state. Describe their purpose and functions.
• Include detailed speaker's notes for each slide.
• Cite at least two sources to support your statistical findings.
• Format your project according to APA standards.
• Post your assignment as an attachment in your Individual Forum.
• All applicable APA standards for citing and referencing apply.
Recently Asked Questions
- When an employee is on a short-term overseas assignment, the _______ salary plan would eliminate the need to make frequent changes in
- Modèle utiliser Internet au cybercafé I keep getting these wrong... envoyer une lettre You Answered la bureau de poste is la an extra word? acheter un livre
- What organisational requirements might you need to be aware of when managing appointments for the personnel within the organisation?