1. The ability to solve abstract problem such as those found in algebra and higher mathematics is influenced by both development and
a. genetics b. societal factors c. health d.cognitive style
2. I general, research shows that the impact of early maturation in girls is
a. more positive than negative
b. more negative than positive
c. both positive and negatice
d. the same as boys
3. From research on moral development, which statement most accurately reflects a main criticism of Kohlberg's theory?
a. he failed to account for sociocultural influences on moral development
b. moral development is universal, bur doesn't develop in stages
c. moral development is nither umiversla mor stagelike
d. his theory accounts for moral development in adults but not in children
4. individuals who are less than age 21 commit appoximately _% of serious crimes
a.10 b.25 c.30 d.40
5. consistent with notable trends during the adolescent growth spurt, you'd expect the average 12yearold girl to be _____than average 12 yearold boy
a. taller and heavier b. shorter and heavier
c. taller and lighter d. shorter and lighter
6. Susan is a 16 yearold old female who recently ended up in the emergency room after accidentally overdosing on a combination of alcohol and painkllers
Which term best describes the type of belief which may have led to this outcome?
a.imaginary audience b.fantasy
c. personal fable d. reversibility
7. Which statement best summarizes the research on teenage pregnancy prevention?
a. sex education is associated with increased sexual activity among teems
b. sex education is associated wigh decreases in teenage pregnancy rates.
c. sex education is associated with delayed sexual activity among teens
d. Sex education has impact on sexual activity or teemage pregnancy rates.
Recently Asked Questions
- What two types of communication processes does diffusion of innovations research suggest are particularly important to the spread of technology throughout
- Small groups such as co-workers or club members who meet for instrumental reasons-they want to work together to meet common goals-are called :
- Which of the following is not part of network centrality ?