This is an article (short) from 2006 in Time magazine. It is called “Local Food Movement: The Lure of the 100-Mile Diet.”
This is a much more in-depth look (14 page journal article) at the contrast between global and local food choices. We are reading 2 chapters already this week, so I’m not sure if this would be overload. It is a good article, but it is from 1996.
For this assignment, think about the impact that two (2) of your meals have on our world from an ecological and economic perspective. You can pick breakfast, lunch or dinner, and then answer the following questions. in 1,000-words, using APA style formatting, including all appropriate citations:
1. List all of the components of two of your meals. Then,
A. Where did each component of your meal originate? List the country that each part of your meal came from. (i.e., Did that glass of red wine come from Australia? Is the cheese from France?)
B. List where you purchased the products from.
C. Consider the chain of events that took the product to get from the farm/laboratory to your table.
2. What are some of the benefits of a global market and why? List at least 2 benefits, weighing any short-term and long-term impacts.
3. What are some of the impacts of this global market and why? Considering both short-term and long-term impacts, provide at least 2 negative impacts.
4. Consider the phrase Think Globally, Act Locally. What does it mean to you?
5. Has your research on the global market changed the way you will choose goods in the future? Why or why not?
This project should be a minimum of 1,000-words in APA style format. As always, be sure to provide appropriate citations, references, and links to any information you use in this paper. Be sure to also avoid copying and pasting large sections of text from any given source. For help with citations, refer to the APA Quick Reference.
Recently Asked Questions
- Hi. Make sure you do all the parts. No copy pasting from other sources Assignment 1 The trial balance for LPO at 31 December 2013 was as follows: Notes $000
- Presidents play many roles. Using a news article from the last four weeks, demonstrate which is most important and why. 300 words.
- Research undertaken by Glenn Jones (yet to be published) has also found that theprice of abalone was steady from 1940 to 1960, and then increased from about