1. For the first portion of the mission, you are to pilot your sub through the gastrointestinal tract to monitor the digestion of his meal. Describe all major structures you pass by or through, just like a tour guide would do. Also describe what happens to the meal during the digestion process. Once you arrive at the distal ileum, go through the mucosal membrane and enter the bloodstream via the Superior Mesenteric Vein.
2. Now in the bloodstream, you are to go to the left kidney
Trace your path from the superior mesenteric vein to the left renal artery, via the hepatic portal vein, heart and lungs.
3. Once you’ve arrived at the kidney, enter the nearest nephron by crossing the glomerular membrane into Bowman’s capsule. Describe the structures you see, and narrate what happens as you travel through the urinary tract, until you leave the body via the urethra.
4. wrap up your report by explaining the integration of the body systems in maintaining homeostasis. You must include at least the circulatory, digestive and urinary systems in your explanation.
Write a 3-5 page informative essay (including separate title and reference pages) that answers the questions posed in the assignment. The paper must be 1000-1200 words.
Recently Asked Questions
- Which of the following is NOT an example of an implicit memory? a. Classical conditioning b. Priming c. Procedural memory d. Semantic memory
- I have 7 questions attached please use at least 100 words or more to answer them. These questions are all within the field of psychology.
- An agent can never act for two principals. True False