Assignment : The Case for Open Heart Surgery at Cabarrus Memorial Hospital
Read “The Case for Open Heart Surgery at Cabarrus Memorial Hospital” case.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
1. Write an introduction for this work
2. Discuss ways the program does or does not comply with the hospital’s mission.
3. Analyze whether or not CMH has sufficient infrastructure and financial resources / leverage necessary to add the program.
4. Describe the competitive situation among other area hospitals that could impact the decision.
5. Describe the change in the service area required for the cardiovascular surgery service.
6. Discuss alternative strategies the Board should consider before making a “go / no-go” decision on the possible addition of the open heart program.
7. Write a conclusion for this work
Your assignment must:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA format.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Apply analytic skills to define strategic problems, generate and evaluate strategic alternatives, and develop implementation tactics.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in the strategic management of health care organizations.
• Write clearly and concisely about management of health care organizations using proper writing mechanics.