2) How does the relationship between human life and the landscape transform from the Jōmon to the Warring States/Momoyama period? Cite examples of artistic, architectural or other artifacts to make your case.
3) How did universal Chinese-character writing technologies develop and shape Japanese civilization? Discuss principal examples of both Kanbun and Kana (vernacular Japanese) writing and how these contributed to the development of Japanese civilization.
4) What are shōen and how did they shape politics, economics, religion, culture and society from Heian to Muromachi Japan? Cite specific events, religious ideas, and artistic works to support your answer.
5) How did mappō, the Pure Land and the Six Realms of Existence in Buddhism have an impact on upon the “enchanted landscape” of medieval politics, culture and society? Cite examples of artistic works that describe these changes.
6) What were the main characteristics of the development of landscape painting and its relation to Chinese culture as well as Zen Buddhism in Muromachi Japan? What transformations in the nature of the political, economic, religious, social, and cultural spheres in Japan do these works describe? Cite principal examples of key landscape paintings and painters to support your answer.
Recently Asked Questions
- The price per share, prior year's earning per share, dividend paid, and whether or not the firm is included in the DJIA were recorded for a random sample of 20
- A Corporate Code of Ethics might include all of the following except
- Rread Reintegrative shaming and recidivism risk in drug court: Explanations for Some Unexpected Findings by Meethe, Hong Ly and Reese. 1. Write A synopsis 2. 3