Hydrogenation creates trans fatty acids.
Hydrogenation is the process in which hydrogen atoms are added to double bonds.
Hydrogenation creates a heart-healthy product.
Hydrogenation makes a product more solid at room temperature.
2. (TCO 5) Which of the following is NOT true of fats? (Points : 4)
Dietary fats stimulate hunger signals to the brain.
Fats add texture and flavor to food.
Fats are found in every cell membrane.
Adipose tissue stores fat for future energy use.
3. (TCO 5) Which of the following foods is the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids? (Points : 4)
4. (TCO 5) Where in the body are the majority of triglycerides stored for future energy needs? (Points : 4)
Beta cells of the pancreas
5. (TCO 5) Why are phospholipids NOT an essential nutrient? (Points : 4)
Our bodies manufacture phospholipids.
Phospholipids are not naturally found in the healthy body.
Beneficial GI bacteria produce phospholipids.
They provide no useful function in the human body.
6. (TCO 5) Which of the following ingredients would alert you to the presence of trans-fatty acids in a product? (Points : 4)
Hydrogenated vegetable oil
Liquid corn oil
7. (TCO 5) As of January 1, 2006, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will require food manufacturers to list ________ content on the Nutrition Facts Panel of their products. (Points : 4)
essential fatty acid
trans fatty acid
8. (TCO 5) What is the primary form of lipid in the diet? (Points : 4)
9. (TCO 6) Brenda is a reasonably healthy 19-year-old college student who is sedentary. She is 5'8" tall and weighs 145 pounds. How many grams of protein would you recommend she consume each day? (Points : 4#
10. #TCO 6# Of the 20 amino acids relevant to the human body, how many are considered essential? #Points : 4#
11. #TCO 6# Which of the following is used to measure protein quality? #Points : 4#
The amount of essential amino acids present
The digestibility of the protein
The protein efficiency ratio
All of these
12. #TCO 6# Which of the following supplements would you recommend a vegan add to his or her diet? #Points : 4#
13. #TCO 6# Vegetarian diets are associated with increased consumption of ________. #Points : 4#
Vitamins B12 and D
14. #TCO 6# All of the following are parts of an amino acid molecule EXCEPT: #Points : 4#
a central carbon.
an amine group.
an acid group.
a fatty acid group.
15. #TCO 6# Which of the following foods is a source of complete proteins? #Points : 4#
Whole grain bread
16. #TCO 6# Which of the following is NOT a major function of protein in the human body? #Points : 4)
Maintaining fluid balance
Providing energy to the body
Growth and maintenance of new tissue
Synthesis of hormones
Recently Asked Questions
- Activity Immediae Optimistic Most Pessimistc Predecessors Likely A None 5 6 7 B A 3 4 5 C A 5 5 7 D B,C 4 5 6 E B 6 7 8 F C 3 4 5 G E,D 4 5 6 H G,F 6 7 8 a.
- Attached and need it back within few hrs...thanks..no plagiarism of any sort please...
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Chapter 4--Cost-Volume-Prof