presentation software (optional)
Dirt Bikes’ management wants to make sure it has policies and procedures in place to
protect the privacy of visitors to its Web site. You have been asked to develop Dirt Bikes’
Disclosures in its Resources for businesses that you can download and review to help you
Prepare a report for management that addresses the following issues:
1. How much data should Dirt Bikes collect on visitors to its Web site? What information
could it discover by tracking visitors’ activities at its Web site? What value would this
information provide the company? What are the privacy problems raised by
collecting such data?
Dirt Bikes and its Web site visitors? What privacy issues do cookies create for Dirt
3. Should Dirt Bikes join an organization such as TRUSTe to certify it has adopted
approved privacy practices? Why or why not?
4. Should Dirt Bikes design its site so that it conforms to P3P standards? Why or why
5. Should Dirt Bikes adopt an opt-in or opt-out model of informed consent?
6. Include in your report a short (two to three pages) privacy statement for the Dirt
Bikes ebsite. You can use the eight categories of the TRUSTe Model Privacy
Statement as a guideline if you wish.
7. (Optional) Use electronic presentation software to summarize your recommendations
Recently Asked Questions
- The McCumber Cube provides a graphical representation of the architectural approach widely used in information security. The cube has three dimensions. Please
- Question? If Ford Motor Company sells a truck for $5000 down and $450 monthly payment for the next 5 years. Interest rate is 6% per month. What is the cost of
- what is the ethical significance of the distinction between doing and allowing and how and why does intention matter?