1. Which one of the many I/O Psychology oriented journals are published only once a year?
Group and Organizational Studies
International Review of I/O Psychology
Human Resources Management Review
1. I/O psychologists are involved in issues related to:
selection and training.
employee health and safety.
job performance and motivation.
All of the above
1. Industrial/Organizational Psychology is LEAST concerned with:
the treatment of emotional or personal problems in the workplace.
the assessment of job performance.
designing employee selection methods.
the development of organizational safety programs.
1. More I/O psychologists are working in more __________ settings than any other employment area.
1. Who were the two individuals credited with being the fathers of I/O Psychology?
Walter Dill Scott and Hugo Munsterberg
Hugo Munsterberg and Frederick Taylor
Frank Gillbreth and Lillian Gillbreth
Robert Yerkes and Walter Dill Scott
1. Although there is considered overlap between the "I" and the "O" psychology field, the "O" psychology focuses on:
use of human resources.
efficient job design.
the individual employee.
1. Studies by Mirian Erez (p. 94) focused on __________ and further emphasized the __________ side of I/O Psychology.
time and motion studies; organizational psychology
Hawthorne studies; industrial psychology
job stress studies; organizational psychology
job performance studies; industrial psychology
1. Which of the following is FALSE of research in I/O Psychology?
Research is often intended to develop new methods and procedures that can be used to solve problems I/O psychologists frequently face in practice.
Research results may be presented at conferences, but the primary source of research results is scientific journals.
Research sometimes focuses on understanding a phenomenon like employee absenteeism.
Research that meets minimum standards is automatically published because of the importance of having as much information as possible available to the field.
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ethical principles I/O psychologists are supposed to follow?
They should be fair and honest in their professional dealings.
They must be loyal to their employer, putting the employer's interests above those of employees.
They must respect the rights and privacy of others.
They must only do work they are competent to perform.
1. The two World Wars were important influences on the field of I/O Psychology because they:
allowed psychologists to make money from the government.
forced all the males into military service, causing females to join the workforce.
allowed for large-scale application of psychological testing to place individuals in jobs.
allowed for the creation of the Psychological Corporation.
1. Discuss the development and differentiation between the Industrial and Organizational Psychology fields.
1. Briefly describe the development of I/O Psychology from its founding until 1930.
Attached is a detailed explanation... View the full answer