Assignment: On p. 257 of Aravind Adiga’s The White Tiger, the protagonist enters a police official’s office and notes that among the images on the wall is one of Gandhi. For this essay, I would like you to evaluate Gandhi’s notion of trusteeship in light of the representations of castebased difference in Adiga’s novel.
You can evaluate the concept of trusteeship in any way that you like as long as you draw your inferences on Gandhi’s perspective from what you have learned in this course. In substantiating your argument, please cite from The Gandhi Reader and The White Tiger as appropriate. Remember, your essay should have a clear, reasoned argument supported by specific examples.
• The essay should be approximately (and no more than) three pages, double-spaced, in Times New Roman, 12 point font.
• Be sure your name is on the paper.
• This is a formal essay assignment. That means I expect you to follow conventional practices of essay writing (title, introduction, thesis statement, body, conclusion, page numbering, citations, etc.) and to write with care.
• You will, I assume, make reference to passages from the text to substantiate your arguments. When doing so use the following in-text citation style: (Author, p#). If you use a text(s) other than The White Tiger and The Gandhi Reader, provide a properly
formatted bibliography (on a separate page at the end of your essay).
• This is a short essay and I am more interested in your ideas than in reading extensive quotations. Therefore, be selective in your use of quotes.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 1791795_1_Inventory-Management-Assignment.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Health Insurance Chapter 8.
- How is capital allowance calculated. and how does it feature in the calculation of NPV