Unit 8 Project Questions: Part I
1. Under HIPAA, are you legally allowed to view this patient’s medical information? Why or why not?
2. In this case, how would you be able to correct your error and provide the missing documents to the patient while still protecting patient confidentiality under HIPAA?
3. Besides a HIPAA Patient Release of Information form, list 4 other items that are found in the medical record.
4. Legally, does the patient or the physician/healthcare facility own the medical record? Why?
5. List 3 ways patient confidentiality is maintained in the reception/waiting area of a medical office.
6. A breach of confidentiality can result in what consequences for a health care professional?
7. From the list of Interpersonal Ethics (found on page 12-13 of your text), please describe how any of those traits were demonstrated in your actions in this case scenario?
Unit 8 Project Questions: Part II
1. Would the action taken in this second scenario be within your scope of practice for your chosen field? Why or why not?
2. What determines your scope of practice for your chosen career?
3. Would Respondeat Superior apply in this case scenario? Why or why not?
4. Would the Good Samaritan Law apply in this case scenario? Why or why not?
5. What role does the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) play in regards to prescription medication?
6. What role does the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) play in regards to prescription medication and a physician’s ability to prescribe narcotics?
Recently Asked Questions
- Read the article below: https://www.climate.gov/news-features/featured-images/planting-earth-day-garden-consider-climate%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98new-normal%E2%80%9
- When the CPI is based on 1992 prices , a consumer price index of 122 in 2004 means that 10 ) ______
- . . . point A probably represents the _____ .