Research Paper Anthropology (THE writing instructions are also attached file)
Choose any ONE of the topic from all the topics given. and write 5-7 pages no more than 7 pages. 5 SCHOLARLY References IN AAA format. The research paper should be PERSUASIVE, with a clear thesis in first paragraph.
PLEASE DO NOT PLAGARISE. AS THIS IS SAFE ASSIGN.
Cultural Anthropology Topics:
• Describe medical or healing practices of a non-western society (ex. Tibetan medicine, Ayurveda, Chinese acupuncture, etc.). Discuss how aspects of this system differ from “Western” medicine, and describe how these practices and beliefs are tied to other cultural aspects of the society that practices this medicine (for example, spiritual or religious connections to healing practices, historical aspects of social or economic organization that shaped beliefs about medicine, etc.).
• Body modification (such as tattooing, scarification, foot binding, etc.) has been a common practice among many societies and sub-cultures throughout history. Choose 1 or 2 examples of different types of body modification practices, and explore how and why particular groups (or sub-cultures within a society) practice these body modifications. Consider how body modification shapes the relationships between these people and the larger society, and what meanings (and/or controversies) are attached to these practices of body modification.
• How is increasing globalization affecting social stratification and the unequal division of wealth within and between countries? For this question only examine the relationship between two countries, such as the United States and China. Discuss major factors that shape the specific effects of globalization for these two countries, such as the impact of colonialism/foreign occupation, corporations out-sourcing jobs, political tensions, or migration. Be sure to make your discussion of globalization specifically anthropological. For example, do not write a paper supporting free trade and capitalist enterprise from a purely marketing/economics perspective.
• Choose one of the following monumental locations to explore: Stonehenge,
Angkor Wat, Cahokia, the Tholos Tombs of Greece, Machu Picchu, or the Great Pyramids of Giza. Describe how the site was constructed, its context, and its place in the local culture. Make sure to reference nearby monuments, and discuss potential functions for the location as well.
• Examine the earliest evidence for the domestication of plants and animals in both the Near East in the “Fertile Crescent” and in Mesoamerica. Compare and contrast the two regions focusing on possible reasons why and how domestication developed in each of these areas.
• Choose and examine a long-distance trading network between at least two different cultural groups. Consider where and when the trading network occurred, what was being traded, and its social meaning from both (or all) cultural groups involved. Examples of possible routes include the overland Silk Road, maritime trade in southeast Asia, and obsidian trade in the Near East or Mesoamerica.
Linguistic Anthropology Topics:
• Choose one aspect of symbolic communication (e.g. hand gestures, personal space, greetings, etc.) and discuss how it differs between cultural groups (at least 2, but no more than 4). Describe how this form of communication may help or hinder communication between and within cultures. Discuss why these differences may have arisen and what, if any, historical significance they may have. Also, consider how other aspects of their society (household organization, social hierarchy, gender relations, political structure, etc.) may influence the cultural practices of this form of symbolic communication.
• There are over 6,000 languages spoken in our world today, but over half of those are in danger of disappearing within the next few decades. Examine 1-2 languages that are considered to be endangered and explore the causes for their disappearance. Describe the history of the language, the history of the people that speak the language, and the political and social aspects that may be influencing its development or disappearance. Also, provide a brief description explaining why anthropologists study dying languages and what significance the loss of a particular language, or the diversity of languages, has for the overall human population.
Here is a detailed explanation... View the full answer