1. What do the terms "liberal" and "conservative" mean in the context of American and Texas politics? What are some of the problems associated with the use of these terms in public discussion?
2. After examining the process of political socialization, "one might wonder how any view other than the conservative ideology exists in Texas." For each of the basic agents of political socialization, explain why this is so. What are some of the factors that might account for an individual developing liberal views in Texas?
3. What are the major functions of political parties? How well do political parties in Texas perform these functions? What factors, if any, suggest that the parties are improving in their performance of these functions?
4. What is a “political realignment”? Show how Texas has undergone a political realignment.
5. Describe the structures and primary functions of the permanent party organizations in Texas. What are some of the factors that make the permanent party organization less important than might be expected?
Recently Asked Questions
- Construct a custom curriculum model applicable to your made up classroom that includes the following: Design Teacher's role Student's role Pros and cons
- argeted teaching or instructional interventions are activities teachers use to help a classroom, a small group, or individual student become successful in
- Suppose that a normal model with mean98and standard deviation15can be applied to the scores of a reference population on the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for