1) Imagine that you are trying to administer a drug to a patient with a mutation in a carrier protein that renders him/her unable to absorb the drug from the GI tract. If you need to use a drug of this sort in such a patient, how can you do it effectively?
2) Warfarin needs to be used in a patient with a mutation that reduces warfarin metabolism. Can this be done safely and if so, how?
3)As mentioned in the presentation, some patients have a genetically enhanced sensitivity to warfarin. Can you think of a mechanism that could explain this effect? Explain if this effect is pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic or neither.
Recently Asked Questions
- The selling price of a machine is $6000 and the book value is $4500. What is the gain on the sale and the after tax cash flow using a 35% tax rate.
- PT provides expert quality assurance services on a consultancy basis. The management of the company is unsure whether to price the services it offers at the
- Define and briefly explain what the following terms in accounting mean: (a) Budget Manual (b) Escalation Clause (c) Variance Reporting to Management (d) Debtor