1. What is the "Ring of Gyges" parable supposed to prove about
why we are moral? What reason does Socrates give for being
2. Briefly describe the main difference between Utilitarianism and
Kantianism, and one objection to each.
3. Contrast Plato and Aristotle on how philosophers should
search for knowledge (Hint: up/down), and what kind of
knowledge they should expect to find.
4. How is the Greek concept of happiness quite different from our
culture's concept of happiness?
Recently Asked Questions
- Hi. I want you to answer the question about Modern Human's Hearing system
- Comment on the process of segmentation-targeting-positioning of the New Beetle. Did VW and Arnold do a good job? Why/Why not?
- An asset account will normally have a.... A..... A debit balance b..... There is no normal balance c..... A zero balance d...... A credit balance