choose a female philosopher to study below, investigate her biography on the internet, and find a quote, saying,
maxim, proverb, motto or precept that you find appealing in one of her works listed beside her name (All of the works listed have freely available English translations that can be found on the Internet, or you can find a saying on a quote warehouse site, as long as the quote is properly attributed to the work listed). Take this quote, saying, maxim, proverb, motto or precept and place it on an image that you believe captures or amplifies the meaning of the quote. Then, in a separate document (.docx), briefly explain your Philosophy Image, and why you chose the philosopher, quote and image.
· Diotima of Mantinea (speech in Plato's Symposium)
· Hildegard of Bingen (Scivias, "Know the ways of the Lord", Ordo Virtutum, "Order of the Virtues")
· Heloise of Argenteuil (The Letters of Abelard and Heloise)
· Elisabeth of Bohemia (Correspondence with Rene Descartes)
I Want to write about Hildegard of Bingen ( scivias, " Know the ways of the LORD".
Recently Asked Questions
- What fallacy is this? and explain why you chose that fallacy. There can be no doubt that the Great Depression was caused by Herbert Hoover. He became president
- Barnes does not draw a positive conclusion about the metaphysics of gender. She explains three different types of views and raises problems for each of them.
- 1)What is a minimally decent Samaritan duty? How does this affect the ethics of the abortion debate? Throughout Thomson's argument, she assumes for the sake of