Analyze the following arguments and tell whether they are valid and sound:
1) 1. If Missy is a cat , then
she is a mammal.
2. Missy is not a mammal.
3. Therefore, Missy is not a cat.
2) 1. If Fido is a dog, then he is a mammal.
2. Fido is a dog.
3. Therefore, he is a mammal.
3) 1. If Fido is a dog then he is a mammal.
2. Fido is not a dog.
3. Therefore, Fido is not a mammal.
Your question relates to syllogism, which is a logical argument where a conclusion, also referred to as a quantified... View the full answer