View the step-by-step solution to:

Question

can u explain me what is the Expected Value of this question based on the Decision Theory ?

/>

Denisa is considering investing in a 1-year license for a new piece of software for your sales team -- a customer-management system that is designed to make it easier for salespeople to track and stay in touch with customers. The 1-year cost is $5,000. If Denisa decides to make the investment, it will be your job to get in touch with the provider. So it is important that Denisa lets you know her decision as soon as possible.


If Modus doesn't buy the software, you expect sales over the coming year to be about the same as last year.


However, most companies that have invested this way have done well. Based on industry statistics, you know that if Modus buys the software, there's an 85% chance that the increased efficiency of your sales team and therefore boost sales resulting in added profits of $25,000 (this does not yet account for the cost of the software). But there's a 15% chance that your salespeople will not like the software, and won't use it, and so sales will be the same as last year anyway.

Recently Asked Questions

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question
Let our 24/7 Philosophy tutors help you get unstuck! Ask your first question.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors