- Explain the energy transformation that take place during an egg-drop investigation from the time the container has started being raised to the top of the door frame to the time it finally lands on the floor.
- Describe the construction of an egg-drop container explaining the reasoning of the design. If the container succeeded in preventing the egg from breaking, explain why it did. If it was not successful, describe a change that could be done to improve.
- Apply the law of conservation of energy to determine the impact velocity of an egg-container (assuming no air resistance and using the door frame height.
- An egg-container is like a helmet for an egg. How does the helmets that protect the head are tested? Is there a resemblance to an egg-container?
- One device used to demonstrate the law of conservation of energy is the contraption known as Newton's cradle, which has five balls of equal mass hanging from it?
Explain the energy transformation that take place during an egg-drop investigation from the time the container has started... View the full answer