Prelab-PHYS221 Experiment 5- Newton's Second Law
1. What is the objective of this experiment? 1 pt.
2. What is Newton's Second Law? Give the formula and a qualitative explanation? 2 pt.
3. How is the tension supplied to the cart in this experiment? 1 pt
. 4. In step 5 explain how friction is compensated for? 2 pts.
5. Draw force diagrams for the cart and the hanging mass in step 5 (measurement of friction) and step 8 (measurement of acceleration)? Draw to scale (i.e., your diagrams should delineate between F = 0 andF = ma ). 2pts.
5. Should the acceleration determined in step 10 (or any part of the experiment) be equal to, greater than, or less than the acceleration of gravity ? Explain (Assume friction is negligible and use Equation 5). 2 pts.
Recently Asked Questions
- The United States has one of the lowest voter turnout rates among modern democratic political systems. During the last decade, many initiatives have been
- Lisa's dog, Brock, recently started chewing all of the shoes in the household. Brock seems to really enjoy the taste of sandals. To get her dog to stop chewing
- Our political system is characterized by certain fundamental features to include a system of laws, rights, and liberties. The laws, created and supported by