Prelab-PHYS221 Experiment 5- Newton's Second Law
1. What is the objective of this experiment? 1 pt.
2. What is Newton's Second Law? Give the formula and a qualitative explanation? 2 pt.
3. How is the tension supplied to the cart in this experiment? 1 pt
. 4. In step 5 explain how friction is compensated for? 2 pts.
5. Draw force diagrams for the cart and the hanging mass in step 5 (measurement of friction) and step 8 (measurement of acceleration)? Draw to scale (i.e., your diagrams should delineate between F = 0 andF = ma ). 2pts.
5. Should the acceleration determined in step 10 (or any part of the experiment) be equal to, greater than, or less than the acceleration of gravity ? Explain (Assume friction is negligible and use Equation 5). 2 pts.
Recently Asked Questions
- 1) Why was PCLABCSCO01 unable to telnet to 172.16.5.1? Explain your troubleshooting procedure. 2) Why was PCLABCSCO01 unable to ping the serial interfaces of
- Better Health, Inc., is evaluating two investment projects, each of which requires and up-front expenditure of $1.5 million. The projects are expected to
- Describe the nurse's role and responsibility as health educator. What strategies, besides the use of learning styles, can a nurse educator consider when