Prelab-PHYS221 Experiment 5- Newton's Second Law
1. What is the objective of this experiment? 1 pt.
2. What is Newton's Second Law? Give the formula and a qualitative explanation? 2 pt.
3. How is the tension supplied to the cart in this experiment? 1 pt
. 4. In step 5 explain how friction is compensated for? 2 pts.
5. Draw force diagrams for the cart and the hanging mass in step 5 (measurement of friction) and step 8 (measurement of acceleration)? Draw to scale (i.e., your diagrams should delineate between F = 0 andF = ma ). 2pts.
5. Should the acceleration determined in step 10 (or any part of the experiment) be equal to, greater than, or less than the acceleration of gravity ? Explain (Assume friction is negligible and use Equation 5). 2 pts.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from SY0-501 2-26-2018.pdf. Additional comments: "This question was created
- Rosario Department Store uses a perpetual inventory system. Data for product E2-D2 include the following purchases. May 7 228-Units $10 Unit Price July 28
- Guidance and coaching is a core competency of advanced practice nursing. How do you think guidance and coaching in the advanced practice role is different from