PLEASE SHOW WORK
1. A wave is sent back and forth along a rope 4 m long with a mass of 0.6 kg by exerting a force a force of 30 N. Calculate the linear mass density of the rope (in kg/m).
- A 3 Hz wave has a wavelength of 0.4 m. Calculate the speed of the wave (in m/s).
- . A wave travels at 60 m/s and has a wavelength of 2.8 m. Calculate the wave frequency (in Hertz).
- Calculate the wavelength (in m) of the note middle "C" (frequency = 256 Hz) in air at room temperature and pressure.
- If the tension (i.e., force) on a string increases 2 times but the density of the string remains constant, the new speed of waves on the string will be how many times greater than the original speed?
- If the length of a string increases 2 times but the mass of the string remains constant, the new density of the string will equal the original density multiplied by what factor?
- Calculate the speed of a wave (in m/s) in a material if the frequency is 200 Hz and the wavelength is 0.5 m.
- Calculate the speed of sound in a string that has a tension of 100 N and a linear mass density of 0.0001 kg/m