A group of particles travels inside the magnetic field of unknown magnitude and direction. It is observed that a proton moving at a velocity of 1.50 Km / s along the +x- direction receives a force of 2.25 × 10-16 N in the +y- direction while an electron moving at a velocity of 4.75 Km / s along the -z- direction is at a force of 8.50 × 10-16 N.
(a) What is the magnitude and direction of the magnetic field?
(b) What is the measure and direction of the magnetic force exerted on an electron moving along the -y- direction at a speed of 3.2 Km / s?
(Given e = 1.60 × 10-19 C )
Here is a detailed explanation... View the full answer
- i^ ? What is that mean ? or this j^ ?
- Apr 30, 2018 at 10:00am
- its a vector in the direction i, j and k
- Apr 30, 2018 at 10:24am
- ok now i understand it better :) and one more think...Why you put this think? ~
- Apr 30, 2018 at 10:42am
- they represent the direction of movement of particles in the direction x, y and z
- Apr 30, 2018 at 10:50am
- also denoted as i, j, k in three dimension
- Apr 30, 2018 at 10:52am
- ok, thanks a lot for your help!
- Apr 30, 2018 at 10:53am
- Apr 30, 2018 at 10:58am