A semiconductor is illuminated by light at 900 nm with 500 W/m2 at a right angle to the semiconductor surface. The refractive index and the absorption coefficient at 900 nm of this semiconductor are 2.80 and 80.0/cm, respectively.
1) How much percentage of the incident light is reflected?
2) Assuming the rear side is non-reflecting, how much is the minimum thickness required to absorb >95% of the light which is not reflected at the semiconductor surface?
Recently Asked Questions
- What business lessons can we learn from Sigvaldi and the eventual failure of the Viking trust? Compare and contrast the views of Muslims, Jews, and Christians
- There are 252 identical plastic chips numbered 1 through 252 in a box. What is the probability of reaching into the box and randomly drawing the
- What would you say some similarities between strategy and marketing would be besides the fact that they both begin with the customer? Also what would some