A semiconductor is illuminated by light at 900 nm with 500 W/m2 at a right angle to the semiconductor surface. The refractive index and the absorption coefficient at 900 nm of this semiconductor are 2.80 and 80.0/cm, respectively.
1) How much percentage of the incident light is reflected?
2) Assuming the rear side is non-reflecting, how much is the minimum thickness required to absorb >95% of the light which is not reflected at the semiconductor surface?
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider the following quote by the philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein, who believed that thought without language was impossible. “The limits of my language
- The responsibility of the directors of a corporation is to provide a return to shareholders on their financial investment in the corporation . . . in other
- What prevents Nike’s subcontractors from entering the U.S. market to compete with them?