A 4kg mass is initially moving in the x direction at 5 m/s. A force in the positive x-direction acts on the mass for 7 seconds as follows:
a. The force grows linearly from 0N to 8N in 2 seconds.
b. The force stays constant at 8N for 3 seconds.
c. The force decreases linearly to 0N in 2 seconds.
1. Calculate the initial momentum.
2. Calculate the total impulse.
3. Calculate the final momentum.
4. Calculate the final velocity.
5. Answer the following question. A 4kg ball moving at 3m/s bounces off a wall and is observed to be moving at 3m/s in the opposite direction. What was the total impulse on the ball?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please help me with the question below. Please give me an explanation and show the work so that I can understand how to do this. Thank you.
- Blacktop Refining extracts minerals from ore mined at two different sites in Montana. Each ton of ore type 1 contains 20% copper, 20% zinc, and 15% magnesium.
- Why is the NPV for the E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Co.: Titanium Dioxide case, 17%? I am confused to how they got that percentage to find NVP in the excel