2. What are the strength and direction of the electric field at the position indicated by the dot in the diagram? see attached!!!
3. A proton in a uniform electric field of 3.0 X 105 N/C is moving with an initial speed of 800,000 m/s in the direction direction opposite the direction of the field. After traveling a distance d, It is brought to rest (for an instant) before moving in the reverse direction.
a) What was the proton’s initial kinetic energy?
b) What was the change in the proton’s potential energy over the distance d?
c) Through what potential difference did it move before coming to rest?
c) How far did it travel before coming to rest?
PLEASE INCLUDE CALCULATIONS!!
This question was asked on Apr 11, 2010 and answered on Apr 11, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- For each of the following suggest a part on an aircraft that needs that particular material property: hardness, strength, elasticity, placidity, ductility,
- Most commercial aircraft fuselages are not circular, but an ellipse. How does this affect the calculation of the J value, and will it produce a more rigid
- A twist of 0.03 radians on a shaft equal to the diameter of your car tire, with a G = 65 GPa on a length equal to your height in meters, will it produce a